Friday, July 24, 2009

The Crave for Old Skool Wheels

Part of playing old skool ride is because of the various types of deep offset rims you'll be able to mount onto your ride to turn it from an old man's ride to a low stance with wide fenders beast. You'll be surprise that the visual effect of these wheels that will bring to your old grandpa's ride. This brings us to the collection of rims throughout the years that I've been collecting and also I've sold. The prices of these rims also makes it quite unaffordable these days. The prices of these wheels have been skyrocketing like pump gases since I bought my first set of offset wheels.

My first pair of drift rims SSR Long Champ XR4 14X6JJ offset (+20), bought it for dirt cheap since the tyre shop doesn't know the popularity of these wheels.


(not the actual pic)
These is another set of Techno Racing Rims measuring (14x6.5JJ +12:F, 14X7.5JJ -6:R)
for drift purpose.

My ultimate set of wheels SSR Reverse Mesh (15X7.5JJ -3:F, 15X8.5JJ -5:R) for my daily use, too bad it was stolen together with the car.

Another pair of SSR Reverse Mesh I loaned from my buddy and was sold (15X7JJ -1)

My dream wheel is none other than the Racing Service Wattanabe but seriously in need of some deep aggresive dishes to finish it off. Only 1 pair (15X7JJ +11). Ive bought a set of hayashi streets but did not snap photos of it yet. Its kinda of deep also.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have 1979 corolla looking for some old skool rim please give me call 206 434 6638 or email yi_oix@yahoo.com

aa63 said...

where r u from? Maybe u can google Yahoo japan, for more choices