Monday, October 6, 2008

Drive Up Genting Sempah & Bukit Tinggi


Half way point at sempah, notice the neg- camber at the rear

Over the past week went for a drive up the hills of Genting, passing through Sempah and Bukit Tinggi. It was a slow drive to test out my rusty driving skills and also to check on the reliability of the car after a long storage period in the garage.


The way leading up the genting foot hill


The front stance of the carina

After a few spirited runs found out that the clutch was slipping badly and was not able to rev past the 4k rpm point. Sighh!! need to get a new clutch already. Damn, the existing clutch was only about 1++ yrs and very low mileage coverage. I suspected the clutch was not in good condition when i got it. It was whining a lot when i decelerate when I first got it.


From a different angle, the front seems to be higher than the rear


Reached the top of Bukit Tinggi at the Colmar Tropics

The engine really needs a fine tune up and also needs more torque at the low revs, was having problems at the low revs with the trumpets all open up, the sudden wide open of the throttle causes the engine to choke full of air while the fueling not able to compensate the a/f ratio. The E-manage that I hooked up really needs a tuning since I din't get it sorted out the last time it was installed in the car. Drive was great just need some fixing on the clutch and tuning to blast this hills once more the next time I decide to touge here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok. I found an information here that i want to look for.

aa63 said...

great that u are able to get infos from the blog. cheers...

Art said...

Awesome pics! :)
Do you mind if I post one or two on my blog?

About the clutch: did you swap the silvertop at the same time?
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/silvertop-install_-clutch-flywheel-problems_-please-help/t/7391

aa63 said...

no problem... u can post any of the pics.
I'm still using the 16V clutch and flywheel which is 8", the 20V flywheel and clutch combo is 8.5"

What's your blog url?

Art said...

Thanks! :)
This is the url of my blog:
http://www.banpei.net

Ok, so no problem with the flywheel then. But I already read in your new blog posting that it is the clutch which is worn.

aa63 said...

yeah! I seen ur blog too. Great work. I've link ur blog to my blog too. Thanks. Not much carinas info in the net though, so its good that we share more infos.